ABOUT FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE
Functional Medicine is a body system approach to look for the “why” of what’s causing your symptoms. I’ll take a deep dive into your life history, health history, preferences, and goals. Together, we’ll look for patterns and triggers that may be the underlying cause of your current health concerns.
Chronic disease is the manifestation of the dysfunction of food and lifestyle; it’s an environment and genetics-influenced phenomenon. Having an approach that integrates and investigates all these elements to move toward optimal function for the body and mind is one of the keys to success. Simply, you are the center with a focus on your whole person; mind, spiritual, emotional, nutrition, movement, and biology.
THE EFFECTS OF STRESS
The devastating effects of stress can start a “domino effect” with sneaky symptoms like weight gain, fatigue, foggy thinking, anxiety, depression, bloating, food sensitivities, and hormone imbalances.
You might suffer from emotional stress (such as after the death of a loved one), dietary stress (like blood sugar yo-yos), or even stress from pain and inflammation (fueled by a disruption in the GI system or toxic exposures).
I REGULARLY TREAT CLIENTS WITH A RANGE OF STRESSORS, WHICH INCLUDE:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Anxiety or foggy thinking
- Emotional/spiritual (trauma/abuse/chronic stress/addiction)
- Dietary (blood sugar, poor diet, nutrient deficiencies, dairy, food allergies)
- Gluten sensitivity
- GI infections and bloating
- Toxins (heavy metals, chemicals)
- Structural (physical trauma, chronic injury, pain, posture)
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Inability to lose weight
- Screening for Lyme, mold, viral or bacterial (SIBO, environmental exposure)
- Sleep and exercise (too little or too much)